- Writers Retreat
- Writers in School
- OUR SUPPORTERS
In the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, in a dive bar in Greenwich Village, police raids triggered a spontaneous rebellion which would come to change the course of history for LGBT+ people, both in New York and throughout the world. Fifty years later, participants from the Stonewall Rebellion/Riots will celebrate the progress they have been fortunate enough to help forge, and memorialize their fallen Stonewall Veterans.
In this spirit, Stonewall’s Legacy aims to serve as a poetic record of where LGBT+ people were, are, and will be as a global community. As such, it will contain poetry of, by, for, and of relevance to the LGBT+ community. Coedited by contemporary queer poet Marc Rosen and front-line Stonewall participant Rusty Rose, it is our ambition and hope to put forth an anthology worthy of bearing the burden that comes with the name Stonewall
1) Contributors may send up to five (5) poems to [email protected]. Please include the word “submission” in the subject of the email. Poems should be of relevance to the LGBT+ community, its priorities, and/or its concerns. Please note that we will not publish derogatory content.
2) Please submit poems both in the body of the e-mail and as one text attachment. We accept all of the following commonly used attachment types: doc, docx, rtf, txt, pdf. No image files or formats outside this list, please.
3) Please include a short (3-4 lines max) bio with your poems. Keep in mind that our anthology will be in print, so exclude long URLs.
4) Please send any questions about the anthology to [email protected]. Please include the word “question” in the subject line to ensure we see it in a timely manner.
5) Submissions are open until 11:59:59 PM Eastern time on February 28, 2019.