- Writers Retreat
- Writers in School
- OUR SUPPORTERS
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Hustling Verse: An Anthology of Sex Workers’ Poetry
Edited by Amber Dawn and Justin Ducharme
Sex workers are one of the most researched groups in the world (even though sex workers do not accrue or collect any benefit as a result). Can the antidote for massive invasive and often bias research be found in verse? Hustling Verse: An Anthology of Sex Workers’ Poetry, edited by Amber Dawn and Justin Ducharme, will be a trailblazing collection in which sex workers share their experiential knowledge through the expressiveness, nuance and beauty of poetry.
Self-identified sex workers from any part of the industry (survival or trade, past or present) may submit. Poems specifically about sex work are strongly encouraged, though writing about relationships, healing, identity and other themes that may overlap with sex work is also welcome.
– Deadline: Friday August 3, 2018
– Length: between 1 to 6 pages (6 page maximum)
– Any and all written poetic forms will be considered, including narrative prose poems
– Include a short 50 – 100 word bio with your submission (you may use an alias)
– Email: HustlingVerse@gmail.com with submissions or questions
The book will be published by Arsenal Pulp Press in the fall of 2019.