- Writers Retreat
- Writers in School
- OUR SUPPORTERS
Event proposals for upcoming the AWP Conference & Bookfair can now be submitted. The AWP Conference & Bookfair features over 550 events with over 2,000 panelists each year; next year’s conference will take place in Tampa, Florida!
The AWP Conference & Bookfair is an essential annual destination for writers, teachers, students, editors, and publishers. Each year more than 12,000 attendees join our community for four days of insightful dialogue, networking, and unrivaled access to the organizations and opinion-makers that matter most in contemporary literature. The 2016 conference featured over 2,000 presenters and 550 readings, panels, and craft lectures. The bookfair hosted over 800 presses, journals, and literary organizations from around the world. AWP’s is now the largest literary conference in North America.
Please keep the following in mind as you navigate the proposal system:
· You do not need to be a member of AWP to propose or participate in an event. However, you must have an active AWP user account. The account can be created on the AWP website for free.
· You can watch a video tutorial on submitting a proposal using AWP’s online system. It only takes a few minutes and will walk you through the process of submitting an event proposal.
· Please note AWP’s limits on participation. You may be listed as a participant or moderator on no more than three proposals.
· Once you submit your proposal, your event participants will receive an email asking them to confirm their willingness to be added to your event. They must link the proposal to their own AWP user accounts by May 7, 2017 or your event will not be considered.
· Your participants will be prompted to enter their own bios when they link to your event. These bios will be published on our online conference schedule.
· The deadline to submit an event proposal is May 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
The #AWP18 Conference & Bookfair is scheduled for March 7–10, 2018 at the Tampa Convention Center and the Tampa Marriott Waterside. I look forward to seeing you there!