First, thank you for reaching out. The Lambda Literary Review is quickly becoming a leader in opinion, news, reviews and interviews for LGBTQ book lovers. In order to do that we rely on our team of editors, reviewers, critics and bloggers. We’ve always looking for new volunteer contributors.
1. Please fill out the contributor form to get started. This will give us a better sense of what you’re looking to review and also give us your vitals: Contributor Form.
2. Please make sure you register on our website.
2a. Also, make sure you register for our newsletter.
3. Each review is followed by a short bio and a photo of you — which is actually a gravatar. Create a gravatar icon at en.gravatar.com.
4. Once you’ve registered and found a book that you are passionate about, then email us. Make sure you include your three-sentence bio, your author/blog website link, your user ID, and the name of the top 3 books you’re interested in reviewing. We’ll do our best to make sure you get at least one of those top 3 to review.
5. Reviews are due on the 22nd of the month before the review is going to run, but we’re flexible and will work closely with you to set deadlines.
6. Email inquiries to William Johnson at [email protected].
Essays & Opinion (800–1,000 words):
We aim to publish stories not found anywhere else—stories about under-reported topics and issues that directly affect the LGBTQ literary community. Deadline: Ongoing
Interviews (1,500 words):
We accept interviews for authors with new projects on the horizon. If the author in question published a book in the past month, is part of a film or TV adaptation, or recently won an award, then we certainly want to hear from them. Deadline: Ongoing.
Our new poetry section aims to represent the best LGBTQ voices in poetry today. We’re open to high quality work of any style and subject to be featured on our site each week. Both unpublished and previously published work, with permissions, will be considered—though we do have a preference for unpublished work. Simultaneous submissions are welcome as long as you notify us immediately of their acceptance elsewhere. To submit work please visit Lambda Literary’s Poetry Spotlight. We look forward to reading your work. Deadline: Submissions are closed for the year. They will reopen in the Winter (2021).
Reviews (800 words):
We can only review about a quarter of the books we receive for consideration. With that in mind, we try to keep the conversation on authors and books of the moment (usually books published within 2 months of today’s date with exceptions for previous Lambda Award winners or finalists). Deadline: Ongoing.