- Writers Retreat
- Writers in School
- OUR SUPPORTERS
“From the time I was a boy checking out books from the Brooklyn Public Library, books have played a vital role in my life, especially those by LGBTQ writers. Our books preserve our histories and envision brighter futures. This is why fostering today’s LGBTQ writers is so necessary. This is why I support Lambda Literary and you should, too.”
—Hilton Als, Lambda Literary Leadership Council Member
During October only, your contributions will be matched dollar for dollar.
Lambda Literary’s most important source of support is people like you.
Your contributions are absolutely critical to ensuring LGBTQ stories are written, read, and shared.
This is why several incredible donors—Rob Byrnes, Chuck Forester, Catherine Hyde, Poets for the Planet, and The Rainbow Pineapple Foundation—are matching your contributions if you give right now. Please heed this call and turn their $20,000 pledge into $40,000 that will help Lambda Literary sustain all of its programs for LGBTQ writers.
Whether you can afford $5, $50, or $500 dollars, your tax-deductible contribution will double if you give right now.
Your generosity makes it possible for Lambda Literary to:
• Introduce queer stories to thousands of young readers in schools.
• Offer the only residency in the world exclusively for up-and-coming queer writers.
• Honor excellence in LGBTQ publishing at the annual Lambda Literary Awards
• Build literary citizenship across communities.
• Amplify LGBTQ authors and our books every day.