Rodwell is Seeking Fiction, Poetry, Nonfiction, & Visual Art by Young Artists
Author: Edit Team
September 20, 2020
Rodwell Magazine is open for both literary and genre short fiction, flash fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, and visual art by queer-identifying writers and artists no younger than 15 and no older than 30. We are particularly interested in work by novice writers. We publish new work bi-monthly.
Submit on our website! https://rodwellmagazine.com/
Rodwell seeks to be a space in which young queer writers do not have to qualify their voices to appeal to a heteronormative audience. We reject cis-heterosexual default. Time and again heteronormative society reduces young queers to objects of desire, violence, and scapegoating. At Rodwell Magazine, like the Oscar Wilde Memorial Bookshop of our namesake, young queers are given the authority to construct their own identities and find community. Bring to our pages your unabashedly queer voices and speak into the darkness!
– We accept work that has already been published. All rights to submitted work are retained by the original creator/s and may be reprinted in other publications. We claim only Nonexclusive Archival Internet Rights to showcase your work indefinitely.
– One may submit pieces anonymously. Social media handles may be included as both supplements to and/or replacements of contributors’ credits.
– All prose and poetry pieces should be submitted as word documents, double-spaced, in size 14 Sans serif font.
– Any one writer can submit as many pieces as they would like. If submitting multiple pieces for consideration, please separate each one into its own document.
– All writing pieces should be no longer than 15,000 words. There is no minimum length.
– Rodwell is for everyone, so we ask that writers consider submitting a voice recording of themselves reading their work to make their piece more accessible to folks with visual impairments.
Art/Mixed Media Guidelines
– If submitting multiple pieces for consideration, please separate each one into its own submission unless they are part of a series
– One may submit up to 10 files at a time, and we ask that files are either .png or .jpeg.
– We ask that artists consider submitting a voice recording of themselves describing their work or provide a brief written description of their work to make their pieces more accessible to folks with visual impairments.