- Writers Retreat
- Writers in School
- OUR SUPPORTERS
Matrices Press is publishing an anthology of works late in 2012. We are now accepting submissions of previously unpublished, original works. Deadline for submissions is midnight Jan 31, 2012.
• Poetry: five poems up to 8 pages (no epics please).
• Fiction: one short story, or up to three works of flash fiction up to 4,000 words.
• Creative nonfiction: one essay or memoir up to 4,000 words.
• Short plays or Monologues: 6 pages maximum.
• Comics: submit one “graphic narrative” up to 6 pages maximum.
• Photographs, Drawings, and Digital Art: up to five digital files (min 600dpi).
1) Please notify us as soon as possible if the submission is accepted elsewhere. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable if so indicated.
2) Please enclose a brief autobiographical statement with your submission.
3) Please include your email address in the header of the document.
Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Matrices begins in math:
A matrix is an organizational structure in which two or more lines of command, responsibility, or communication may run through the same individual.
This math concept can be applied to culture:
A concept of multiple matrices, functioning separately (perhaps sustaining one another), but with the same derivatives of one another – interrelated cultural matrices, symmetrical matrices.
We all have different backgrounds – families, cultures, ethnicities, religions / beliefs / non-beliefs, gender identities, physical and other challenges, etc. We are all on similar yet unique journeys as Americans too. We are our own matrices of cultures and journeys and life coming together.
For more information: www.matricespress.net