Call For Submissions: Storm Moon Press
Deadline: October 15, 2012
We at Storm Moon Press are aware of the legal struggles many within the QUILTBAG face, and we know the valuable service Lambda Legal provides. Legal Briefs is a charity anthology we have chosen to put together with all net proceeds donated to Lambda Legal.
We’re seeking short stories between 5,000 and 10,000 words that star gay, lesbian, bisexual, and trans* characters and carry a legal theme. The stories must be erotic, romantic, or both in nature. We will choose twenty (20) stories to include, five (5) from each type, to include in the anthology. We seek publication rights for two (2) years, and we would like the exclusive rights to print the short stories for the first year. This is a non-paying market as this is for charity.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Submissions must be sent electronically, through email. Please do not send hard copies of manuscripts to our place of business as we will not return them, nor will they be reviewed.
- Please send submissions to submissions @ stormmoonpress.com (remove the spaces when surrounding the @ sign when emailing us)
- Email subject should read: ANTHOLOGY TITLE: STORY TITLE – AUTHOR
- Include a 300 word bio of the author as a cover page
- The top left of the cover page should include the following: submission title, author’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail
- Submissions must be sent as a RTF attachment, the file named ANTHOLOGY_TITLE_STORY_TITLE_AUTHORNAME
- Double spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, 1″ margins.
- Do not indent your paragraphs
- Do insert a blank line between paragraphs and use ### or *** between scene breaks
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org